Case Study: East Ayrshire
The Barony – a former coal mine site
Through a process of working with East Ayrshire Council and community groups, we are delivering The Barony concept for the benefit of the East Ayrshire community
The Barony includes:
- Brown-field site – former coal mine.
- Environmentally and socially responsible model to develop site by 2024.
- Supportive and collaborative local authority.
- Socially-minded Investors supporting the development.
- Professional consultants and executive project management team.
- Commitment to invest 10% of net profit into the local community and NHS trainee bursaries.
- A model of 21st century renewable technology.
- Fitting tribute to its historic coal mining heritage.
The Barony an Eco-Therapy Wellness Park
National Pride subscribes to the evidential fact that healthy lifestyles promoting outdoor activities is a considerable benefit to the population of all ages.
The Barony Colliery extracted coal from 1907 to 1989. Today, all that remains of the colliery is a huge pit-heading winding gear frame, itself an inspiring local landmark and tourist destination, known as the Barony A-Frame.
The massive steel frame was built in 1954 and is the only one to survive as testament to the industrial heritage of the site.
The Barony NP (UK) Limited are now working with the Barony A-Frame Trust to enhance the memorial garden to provide a lasting memorial for many generations to enjoy and reflect on – a fundamentally important aspect to development of The Barony as a wellness centre.
MD and Founder | Stevens & Associates
Board Director | Scott Brownrigg
Owner/Director | Mackay Planning
Let our partners say
The quality of research and presentation material is of the highest standards, and I am constantly impressed by the work ethic, professionalism, and passion to deliver centres of excellence.
With National Pride, the opportunity is to ‘optimise profit’, balancing social investment with economically sustainable development.
Working together, we will realise a better quality of life across the UK by creating sustainable, ethical, social value projects.
The National Pride vision is prescient, relevant, and timely as we drive forward into the challenges of the next 20 years.