We have developed a set of policies and statements so that we can be clear about how we work as a Community Interest Company. Below are our most important policies. To note, these policies are statements are applicable to National Pride and its associated Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs).
For ease of access, these are available as a page on our website, or as a PDF.
National Pride is in an opportune position to support delivery of the UK’s transition to Net Zero and the levelling up agenda to reduce regional disparities.
Operating as a hub for a UK network of stakeholders and delivery partners, our focus is on creating sustainable and commercially viable developments.
We are doing this by aligning people, planet and place through making a positive difference in the lives of all members of the community.
Our ESG strategy is core to what we do. As such, ESG considerations are built into what and how we operate and deliver, including in how we work with our partners.
Create sustainable and carbon zero plus1 developments
Deliver real social benefit
Ensure good governance across all of our operations
We will do this by:
- As a signatory to the SME Climate Commitment, deliver on our commitment to reach Net Zero across our operations by 2030
- Deliver on Zero Carbon Plus by 2030
- Deliver on Biodiversity Net Gain by 2030
- Prioritise renewable energy technologies
- Future proof our projects by creating climate resilient and adaptable assets
- Support local communities and NHS bursaries through investing 10% of our profits
- Via our SPVs, partner with education, employment and skills initiatives within our communities
- Promote initiatives to support the health and wellbeing of our people, occupiers, supply chain partners and local communities
- Secure Social Enterprise Mark Accreditation by 2030
- Review governance risk assessments on an annual basis
- Utilise the Common Assessment Standard for suppliers by end of 2024
- Achieve ISO9001 [Quality Management System] certification by the end of 2024
- Assess our performance against the Business in the Community Responsible Business Map by the end of 2024
1 With Carbon Zero Plus, we are making clear our ambition to not only reduce our carbon emissions to zero, but to also ensure that in the longer term we take more greenhouse gas emissions out of the environment than we contribute.
Our intention is to publish annual reports from 2023. This will include an update on progress against our commitments.
This Strategy applies to National Pride and our development projects which are constituted as Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs). And it underpins how we work with our partners, suppliers, workforce, and communities has direct impacts on the environment and society.
This strategy will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Chair & Co-founder