We have developed a set of policies and statements so that we can be clear about how we work as a Community Interest Company. Below are our most important policies. To note, these policies are statements are applicable to National Pride and its associated Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs).
For ease of access, these are available as a page on our website, or as a PDF.
This document sets out National Pride CIC’s and associated Special Purpose Vehicle s’(SPV) approach to conducting its tax affairs.
Our overall tax strategy is to:
- Pay tax and file tax returns according to all applicable laws, regulations and other practices
- Actively work to develop good and open working relationships with HMRC
- Disclose information to HMRC so that it can make an informed and timely decision on our tax affairs
- Comply with all relevant transparency and reporting requirements
- Ensure that our internal processes, procedures, and controls relating to tax are effective
- Comply with appropriate tax risk processes and ensure there is proper oversight of and input into this.
Tax legislation is complex, changing and subject to differing interpretation. We want our tax affairs to be transparent and compliant with legislation. Risks are managed via appropriate policies and governance structures. Specifically, we will work to reduce risk and ensure that all internal policies and procedures in respect of tax are robust and that all applicable staff have the necessary training in order to minimise errors.
Working with HMRC
We are committed to maintaining an open, honest and professional relationship with HMRC. We aim to make all appropriate returns and payments on a timely basis and seeks to build collaborative relationships with HMRC and its staff. Any inadvertent errors identified in tax returns or computations are fully disclosed as soon as is reasonably possible. Where there are uncertainties in interpretation of the law or tax guidance, we may seek assistance from HMRC or our tax advisors
This strategy will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Chair & Co-founder